Diary of a Portfolio career. Quarter 4 – The final quarter of 2023.
One year ago, I set myself a challenge! The overarching theme was, to see what I could achieve working for yourself solidly for one year. I am pleased to say it has been a great year, and I have learnt ALOT!
Join me and celebrate my successes with me of Quarter 4.
You may ask what about challenges? I talk about these in other outlets and in talks.
Before, we get into my highlights of Q4, here is a bit about me. I have developed and continue to develop a portfolio career, which sees me combine Consulting, Coach, Authoring and Speaking.
I hope my journey inspires you. If you would like to work with me please do reach out via the contact page on this website.
I am always open to exciting opportunities.
- The theme of Black History month was Salute Our Sisters. I celebrated and wrote blog posts. One on my genealogical journey and another for the Open University (I was previously a Visiting Fellow) with a spotlight on Celebrating black women in Tech.
- I celebrated writing a Foreword, for new a new title, Inclusive Computing in the Secondary School
- Wrote an published a course on Artificial Intelligence, on the Udemy platform
- Judged the Tech She Can competition, from national charity Tech She Can, who are committed to ensuring technology works for all
- Delivered a keynote at Festival of Learning
- Attended Karren Brady Women in Tech expo
- Lots of work on my next children’s book – proof reading, creating social media assets, creating a marketing plan
- Recorded another episode of Girls Talk Tech with Rebecca Franks
- Worked on and delivered various Consultancy Projects
- Attended GTA Black women in Tech. Celebrating the achievements of Black Women in Tech.
- Wrote articles on Artificial Intelligence for the newsletter of IT Services for Education company eduThing
- Cover reveal of my third children’s book. The Digital Adventures of Ava and Chip: Smart Home
- Continued blogging
- Recording Girls Talk Tech with co-founder of Flip Computing – Rebecca Franks. We have decided to turn our monthly chats into a podcast/vodcast!
- Delivered a variety of Consulting projects
- Involved in judging duties for the prestigious BETT Awards
- Soft launch of TechJourney Insights Podcast/Vodcast – available on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube
- Delivered a talk on Climate Change/GreenIT at the Big Computing Leadership conference
- Delivered on various Consulting Projects
- Wrote blogs on my observations around a Digital Christmas and tech transforming the festive season
- Gained a LinkedIN top writing voice
- Completed 2 months of creating and posting 2 TikTok videos everyday on my coaching channel
- Got approval for a very big project which I have been working on, stay tuned for the big reveal in 2024!
That’s all for Q4 of 2023. I am looking forward to the final quarter. Remember to CELEBRATE the POSITIVE in EVERYDAY!
Thanks for reading